John E. Hedlund
Producer | Director | Editor | Writer | Video Engineer
- Live and recorded television, film, streaming video, video on demand, control room set up, and live switching.
- Tricaster 8000 operation and setup in a studio environment or on location for productions and events.
- Adobe Creative Cloud/CS6 including Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop, and Audition.
- Digital cameras, audio recording and mixing, lighting, video signal conversions, and live encoding.
- Mac OS, Windows OS, Facilis, Teamviewer, Google Apps, YouTube, digital media management and workflows.
- Technical Director, Live Switcher, and Editor of over 200 live editions of “POPSUGAR LIVE” from New York.
- Director, Shooter, and Editor of over 300 recorded segments for the cable TV show “POPSUGAR NOW”.
- Lead Technical Setup and Asst. Technical Director on POPSUGAR’s Live 2015 Oscars Streaming Broadcast.
- Hired as team lead for launching “POPSUGAR LIVE”, a 30-minute live entertainment news and lifestyle program that streamed online Monday to Friday at http://popsugar.tv from May 2013 to December 2013. In January 2014, “POPSUGAR LIVE” became “POPSUGAR NOW”, a 30-minute cable entertainment news show on POP NETWORK.
References - Producer NY Segments - Shannon Russell 310-883-8970 • Producer NY Live Show - Karina Mancebo 646-629-6278
Exit 172 Productions
Executive Producer, Director, and Owner - September 2005 to Present - http://www.exit172.com
- Certified SAG/AFTRA Produce for the feature film "Star Crossed Lovers".
- Executive Producer, Director of Photography, and Editor for the feature film “Star Crossed Lovers”.
- Producer, Director, Writer, and Editor of “3 Minutes to Air”, an award-winning film for the 48 Hour Film Project.
- Director of Photography and Editor for Hsu-nami’s Live 2011 Music Tour in China.
- Graphic and website designer, including HTML coding and Adobe Dreamweaver.
References - Executive Producer & Director - Francesco Nuzzi 201-637-5573
Bill Boggs Productions
Manager of Video and Digital Media - October 2009 to August 2014 - http://www.billboggs.com
- Digital video conversion and editing of ¾ inch tape, VHS tape, and DVD to online media assets.
- Manager and digital archivist of the Bill Boggs YouTube Channel, BillBoggsTV.
- Editor and DVD author for live video and photo presentations toured internationally by Bill Boggs.
References - President of Production - Bill Boggs 646-552-4424
Associate Producer and Asst. Technical Director - April 2011 to November 2012 - http://mmix.net
- Shooting, lighting, and editing of live and recorded industrial and commercial videos.
References - Studio Manager - Jen Livesay 201-262-3700 • Technical Director - Chris Sebes 201-262-3700
Associate Producer and Asst. Technical Director - June 2009 to August 2011 - http://citybuzz.com
- Director, shooter, and editor for the travel show, “Citybuzz”. Associate Producer for live satellite media tours.
References - Producer Citybuzz - Stacy Mello 917-952-8783 • Producer Media Tours - Sky Hanstein - 908-337-1302
William Paterson University of New Jersey - 2003 to 2008 - http://wpunj.edu
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a concentration in Film and Television Production.
- Deans List Fall 2007 and Spring 2008, Producer WPBN “News at Noon” 2007 - 2008.
References - Advisor & Professor of Film - Chriss Williams - 973-720-2431